SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 01, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq:UBNT) ("Ubiquiti") today announced its first 802.11ac Wave 2 Enterprise Wi-Fi Access Point: the UniFi AC-HD allows Ubiquiti's rapidly growing base of enterprise customers to harness the power of 802.11ac Wave 2 technology through the UniFi Software-Defined Networking (SDN) Platform. With an MSRP of only $349, the UniFi AC-HD is the highest performing and most disruptively priced enterprise access point available.
Superior Performance and Price
The UniFi AC-HD provides superior performance and price when compared to incumbent Wave2 access points.
The UniFi AC-HD has an MSRP of only $349 (USD) and users are provided free use of the UniFi Controller with no separate software or support fee. The UniFi AC-HD dramatically reduces the investment customers must make in their networking infrastructure when comparing the published list prices for comparable Wave2 access points from Meraki at $1,399, Aruba at $1,395 and Ruckus at $1,295.
The UniFi AC-HD
The UniFi AC-HD AP features simultaneous, dual-band, 4x4 MU-MIMO technology and convenient 802.3at PoE+ compatibility.
- Wave 2 Technology. 802.11AC Wave 2 MU‑MIMO (Multi‑User, Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technology allows a Wave 2 AP to communicate with multiple clients at the same time - significantly increasing multi‑user throughput and overall user experience.
- Radio Hardware Acceleration. Independent 2.4GHz and 5GHz dedicated hardware offload for maximized multi‑user throughput and reduced latency.
- CPU Hardware Acceleration. Dedicated hardware offload for QoS, Guest Control, and Client Management.
- Optimized for MU‑MIMO. Genetically optimized antenna arrays for maximal utilization of 802.11ac Wave2 MU‑MIMO Beam Forming.
- Beam Forming. Data is sent and received using multiple antennas to increase throughput and range.
UniFi SDN Platform
The UniFi SDN Platform is an end-to-end system of network devices across different locations — all controlled from a single interface. Designed for convenient management, the UniFi Controller software allows admins to configure and monitor the UniFi AC-HD and other UniFi devices using a
graphical user interface. You can download it from www.ubnt.com at no extra charge - there is no separate software, licensing, or support fee.
The Unifi AC-HD is available for purchase directly from Ubiquiti at store.ubnt.com. This product is also available from authorized distributors listed on
Additional Information and Resources
More information and resources on the UniFi AC-HD can be found on the Ubiquiti homepage at www.ubnt.com.
Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq:UBNT) is closing the digital divide by building network communication platforms for everyone and everywhere. With over 60 million devices sold worldwide, Ubiquiti is transforming under-networked enterprises and communities. Our leading edge platforms, airMAX®, UniFi®, airFiber®, UniFi® Video, mFi® and EdgeMAX®, combine innovative technology,
disruptive price-to-performance and the support of a global user community to eliminate barriers to connectivity. For more information, join our community at http://www.ubnt.com.
Ubiquiti, Ubiquiti Networks, the U logo, UBNT, airMAX, UniFi, airFiber, mFi and EdgeMAX are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Ubiquiti Networks, Vice President of Business Development
Source: Ubiquiti Networks
News Provided by Acquire Media